The Melbourne International Student Leadership Program is a unique program that takes international students on a leadership journey, opening up not only a world of knowledge but also real-world experiences to help students develop themselves personally and professionally and prepare them for the future of work.
Who is this for and why?
The world of work is changing rapidly and the Melbourne International Student Leadership Program is for international students:
- Hungry for learning and leadership experiences that will prepare them for the future of work
- Eager to develop enterprise skills (skills transferrable across jobs) to boost employability and complement their technical know-how in their chosen academic disciplines
- Motivated to understand themselves better, discover their strengths and how they engage and contribute in work and team environments
- Passionate about making a difference in the community and improve student experience through their input to the Melbourne International Student Conference and related initiatives
The Melbourne International Student Leadership Journey
Assessment tools used in the program
- 16pf® Questionnaire – Measuring the 16 different traits (personality factors) that influence the way individuals work and interact with others, the 16pf assessment is a reliable and validated tool that provides comprehensive understanding of the whole personality to support personal and professional growth.
- Am I Job Ready – Driven by 16pf, Am I Job Ready is aimed at improving graduate employability by measuring and developing students’ critical soft skills through an online assessment, training videos and simulations.
What it’s worth
- The Melbourne International Student Leadership Program provides a highly targeted leadership experience for up to 12 participants across education institutions in Victoria
- The program will run across semesters 1 and 2 from March to May and July to September 2017 View program schedule.
- Upon successful completion of the program, students will receive a certificate of participation and personalised reference letter